10 Mar 2010

March 9


Last week in Sutton I came across an Esquires Coffee House. I had never been or even seen one before, so I thought I'd try it, since the majority of the time I go to Starbucks and their coffee is awful. Not to say I won't visit them again, they're practically everywhere, but my order is always the same and always tastes different - either too sweet or too weak, I always ask for extra shots.

At Esquires I ordered a tall caramel macchiato, completely unaware of their sizing scheme (what's wrong with a simple small, medium or large?!) and the staff were chatty and friendly, offered me a loyalty card and charged me £3.00. So far, so good. Not to mention that their mascot is a penguin.

I wait for my order and the barista lady puts in three shots of espresso...also a plus. I ask for it to take away and I'm given a HUGE cup. The cup size was literally the size of a medium drink from McDonalds. Amazing for £3.00 and it tasted like proper coffee, none of this watered down brown water. She also went as far as putting a caramel swirl on top...this literally made my day (pathetic, I know!)
The swirl didn't last long however. Running for a bus with a cup this size and an ill-fitting lid resulted in more of a syrupy blob.


Went back on Friday for the same coffee but in a more manageable size and the staff remembered my order from Monday, which I found quite impressive (again, pathetic, but its the little things!) A regular cost £2.65 and was still quite large but really good value. I managed to get the right size lid this time and she drew a caramel web, which after a very bouncy bus journey was still very much intact.





I highly recommend trying Esquires if you're near one. There's one in Sutton, Harrow and Upper Thames Street. Aspire to Esquire! (sorry...)



♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment