20 Jan 2012

The Grange and Di Palomo


Today I went for lunch in the The Grange, a cute café and gift shop in Ballyboughal. I tend to go when I have time off work or college, so I went today with my time off for recovery. The café is part of the Gourmet Food Parlour family, a chain of  little gourmet food by day, tapas by night establishments. The menu offers things like gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads using a selection of rustic breads, goats cheese, stuffed olives, sundried tomatoes...things like that. I had the warm goats cheese salad, pink lemonade and espresso.






After lunch we visited the shop, which sells Avoca-esque things. Aside from little knick knacks, kitchen and homeware, the shop stocks health and beauty brands I have never heard of before such as Di Palomo. Di Palomo is an Italian inspired British brand of perfumes, soaps, bath and spa products. They offer three different ranges at the moment, with each range consisting of bath and beauty products with the same scent. These ranges are Orange Blossom with Wild Honey and Olive, White Grape with Aloe and the most recent addition, Wild Fig and Grape. 
 




I sprayed a little bit of the Wild Fig and Grape eau de parfum on the inside of my wrist and I can't stop smelling it, I've had my hand to my face on and off all day! I can't describe the scent really, it's unique, sort of haunting? It's definitely hard to describe but I'm ordering some online as soon as I get paid. Here is the perfume description:


"A rich, modern fragrance with top notes of grape & gardenia. Middle notes of ripe fig, orange blossom & mimosa rest on a sensual base of sandalwood, amber & vanilla."




The scent doesn't fade either, so I would highly recommend it...it was over €30.00 in the gift shop at The Grange but on their own website, it's around €24.00.


♥ ♥ ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment