15 Jan 2012

Say no to H2o?


Has something as simple and accessible as tap water lost it's title as the number one essential in facial cleansing?

Browsing through the beautiful blog of Garance DorĂ© (garancedore.fr/en), I found an entry on her skin routine which includes advice from her dermatologist who advises her to avoid cleansing her face with tap water at all costs. This poses the obvious question, how will facial cleansers foam? How will soap lather into soft smooth bubbles that visit every sullied pore?
I wasn't really surprised when I read it, as many cleansing and beauty routines (featured on intothegloss.com) belonging to those in the fashion industry have too abandoned the idea of tap water, favouring spring water or 2011's most popular choice, rose water.




Sure, it's a rosy idea. Having totally pure fresh and glowing skin, with no harsh contaminants tap water allegedly brings, providing you are hydrating yourself within, using facial products that don't include harsh chemicals and don't smoke, of course.

While I can't promise myself that I'll always make wise choices in terms of product ingredients and realistically don't have the income to abandon good old fashioned water as my primary tool in facial cleansing, I have been using rose water for a while and it's true that it's amazing for the skin.
It is said that rose water is a fantastic anti-inflammatory, it reduces wrinkles and fine lines, tightens pores,  reduces acne and is extremely gentle on all skin types and cleanses gently while restoring mositure to the skin. While I can't vouch for the wrinkle comments, all the rest is true. It smells great, it's incredibly soothing and is a very gentle and effective cleanser. When around my two pet cats, I rub my eyes like a maniac due to my allergies and I end up with bloodshot, puffy, red eyes. When I put some rose water on cotton balls and place them on my eyes for 5 minutes, my eyes are restored to their pre-cat-company selfs and always look bright and refreshed.

When I feel my skin tone is uneven, I use a combination of rose water to remove my makeup, cetaphil and rosewater to wet my face and my clarisonic  (highly recommended sonic facial cleanser, read about it here - www.clarisonic.com) to even tone and smooth dry areas and afterward my skin squeaks.

If you suffer from any skin problems in terms of acne, uneven skin one
or dry patches, I highly recommend rose water (about a fiver a bottle on ebay) for cleansing combined with the Clarisonic. Neither will disappoint and both are worth every penny!



♥ ♥ ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment