10 Feb 2010

February 9


Just a thought. I know this story is a little dated, but I was reminded of the size issue of V Magazine browsing around Issuu.com. I get what they're trying to do; the size issue (clever!) seems to be featured everywhere in the media lately, so why not jump on the bandwagon? Everytime I open a magazine, there is a feature on Crystal Renn. What's more, I remember reading the exact same story about three years ago. If you didnt know already (though you probably do, due to the HIGHLY unnecessary volume of media exposure) Crystal was a former size 0, decided she couldn't do it anymore, and for the good of her mental and phyiscal health gained weight and became a plus size model.
Below is a model featured in the issue, who is a similar size to Crystal, and it simply doesn't look right. Not for me anyhow. Clothes look and sit better on thin models. Fact. I think it's simply down to preference, like many things in life. There is no cause for argument! I think that average bodied women represent the majority, all of us regular people - we don't need to be a size 0. Which is fine by me. Models, however, represent the fashion industry. The industry is all about an image and that image is sold and glamourised by models. Women and men everywhere aspire to own designer pieces and through that aspiration, the industry itself makes millions. So why toy with a good thing?? Imagine going online and seeing the infamous American Apparel banner ads with large models in leotards and tights. Yikes. I can guarantee some unfortunate repercussions....










♥ ♥ ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment