9 Sept 2011

Dollaz + Sense

At the end of last month/this month (so far) I received a few gifts and made a few purchases and reviewed some of the products. Something unfortunate happened this month where I had to take a dive into emergency savings and pay out quite a bit, so Penneys will be the way forward..hence the inclusion of some stuff from there in this post.




Above are my two favourite perfumes of ALL TIME. Ok, all time being 23 years so far. On the left is my third bottle of Daisy by Marc Jacobs (which I received for Christmas) and on the right is my new bottle  of Coco Chanel Mademoseille (sadly the other one smashed to pieces). It was a surprise gift from my parents in August which they bought in Heathrow Airport on their stopover from Cape Town. This perfume smells differently on everyone who wears it..I don't know many who do in my circle of family and friends but those who have tried some of mine have brought their own element to it.






This Ciaté nail polish I received free with the September issue of Marie Claire. It's called My Fair Lady, it's a nude peachy pink colour and it's normally about €10. All good things. I'm not a nail polish person as I'm ashamed to say I don't look after my nails but this was very impressive, easy to apply and gave that shiny plastic fake Barbie nail look that I love. One coat and I could still see my nails, two and I could still see the brush strokes. Three and it was perfect. It has a tendency to chip though, after two days of wear. Still worth purchasing for the colour alone.



(Clockwise: Lee Stafford's Hair That Never Grows Past a Certain Length, Lee Stafford's Heat Protection Spray and Lee Stafford's Matt Fat Powder)
Right. Lee Stafford stuff. Since the previous moaning about my hair's disdain for healthy growth, I researched some products that may help the issue. I found a few reviews (all positive) of 'Lee Stafford's Hair That Never Grows Past a Certain Length', so I thought I would try it out and went to Boots. The reviews I read were a few months old so is by no means a new product. So by sheer luck and coincidence, Boots had an offer on. Three Lee Stafford products for €18. I ended up saving €17.37 as the powder was €13.93, the growth treatment was €10.95 and the heat protection was €10.49. Really good value so it was.

The growth treatment I've only used three times...it seems good so far. It makes me hair feel healthy and soft and extremely shiny, although I'm not sure if that's due to the glittery flecks in the product that does it. The smell lingers for days which is a plus and it smells like new babies.

Heat protection spray is heat protection spray...nothing to it really, it does the job. Doesn't weigh down my hair and appears to keep it from appliance harm.

The matt fat powder is good, a few sprinkles on the roots and the hair does puff out so it's a nice break from hairspray. It does need to be re-applied as the hair flattens out a bit but it's so tiny it's easy to transport. So tiny in fact, you would nearly forget you brought it out with you, except for the fact that the tube is bright pink. And shiny.



Got these faux suedey feathered flats in Penneys for €11. Not much to say really, they're nice. I like the colours, normally wouldn't go for a pointed shoe but it's soft enough not to bother me, or other people who aren't mad about pointed shoes! I find with Penney's flats there should be a one in two out policy. When I buy a fresh new pair, I have a tendency to chuck out an old pair...or two.


This pinky peach lace top with black collar is also from Penneys and was also €11. I have one very similar from Topshop that buttons down but I wanted a cheap imitation with no buttons that I could tuck into a high waisted skirt. This top is surprisingly well made, comparing the two you wouldn't notice the difference. The own con to this top is it ends up being a lot shorter than it looks when it's on.


This necklace is also from Penneys, obviously. It was only €1.50, it's cute, I like teapots, I thought it was an especially nice one. The chain is quite a good mid length as well.




This notebook I got it for college...I start back September 19th. I'm trying to be organised this year, which will become clear with the next item. This notebook was €5.25from Paperchase




This little sticker kit for organising is also from Paperchase, for €3.25. It has page markers and to-do list stickers, as well as tiny clocks that can be stuck everywhere and drawn on. Cannot WAIT to use these.

That's it really for purchases so far. Hopefully I'll strike gold soon or win the Euromillions so I can buy more things I don't need...


♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment