21 Aug 2011

Mint minis


Last Monday I got two free samples of Aveda products when checking out of our hotel in Kilkenny. The samples were Rosemary Mint Shampoo & Conditioner..such a nice surprising parting gift! They were wrapped up, side by side in shiny crinkly plastic, tied at the top with an Aveda ribbon, inside a small brown paper bag.

A post Kilkenny trip into Dublin city also meant seeing the Aveda concession in the middle of Brown Thomas, reminding me of the natural treats that awaited me. Rats! I had just washed my hair the previous evening. So I tried them last Tuesday and the products were very impressive.
Although, I washed my hair before bed that evening, in hindsight, this wasn't the best idea when minty ingredients were involved. The products smelled lovely, and cleaned my hair thorougly. It seemed to remove all traces of styling product build up which I haven't really experienced with any other shampoo and conditioner duos. The ingredients really woke me up and my scalp felt cool and tingly - in a good way of course! This is what I meant about it's probably not a great pre-sleep choice but it would be perfect for a morning shower pick me up.

My hair felt light and stayed cleaner longer than it has with other products and it stayed smooth and frizz free. My bathroom still smelled of mint the next morning and the only con I could find was the scent was a little overwhelming and slightly nauseating  (very much like green Extra chewing gum) when I rinsed the shampoo with hot water. I think in euro, each 250ml bottle cost around €12 each but it would be worth the purchase and not much product is needed.


♥ ♥ ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment