21 Aug 2011


Satch Hell?


So a few posts back, I mentioned my new Nica satchel. I got it on sale in Topshop, at an amazing price of less than €20.

I still love it, that hasn't changed. It sort of 'files' my things, making everything quicker and easier to find. And on nights out I don't do the thing I used to do with giant bags, where I'd drunkenly search for my phone, paw around for a few seconds, frantically grabbing the lining. I would then flail my arms and annouce to everyone that my phone has disappeared - when all of a sudden for reasons unknown it has suddenly found itself in my grasp at the bottom of my bag. Hmm. (I swear it wasn't there the first time.)

What my actual problem is with my satchel is the clunkiness. I think it's because it's shaped more or less like a brick, with all weight pretty evenly distributed. So I find when I carry it on my shoulder, it smacks into innocent strangers, resulting in the strap spinning around aggressively creating a sort of two strand plait effect, which always spins back. This occassionally creates surface items to escape, which occassionally happens when I forget to fasten the catch.
Not to mention the times when I lean in any direction at all and it slides down my arm, crashing to the floor. Surely other satchlers have experienced this with theirs?

I definitely don't regret the purchase but I do have a new found appreciation for my older softer not so constructed squishy bags and their ability to stay by my side, through better or worse.




♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment