6 Aug 2011

July Haul

I didn't buy any new clothing in July but I did pick up some lovely random things and stuff in the sales lately, all of which I'm very happy with.
The box below was originally a biscuit tin for French butter biscuits from Bordeaux. Once everyone in the office cleared out the contents, I claimed the box. It's tin with a gold interior and a hinged lid. No idea what to put in it yet, but for the moment it still smells of butter!




The jewellery box below I purchased in TKMaxx for €9.99. I liked how lightweight it was, the collage print is nice and there's plenty of room inside. They have various different prints available at the moment, all for the same price.




This black satchel I bought in the Topshop sale, for €19.80. The sale price is €22.00, but I used my student card. It's exactly the style of bag I was looking for, so it was pure luck that I came across one at such a good price.


The bag is made by Nica...a really good brand in my opinion. This is my third Nica bag. The other two are excellent quality and have never fallen apart, despite all the books, makeup, shoes and heavy bottles of booze concealed inside on nights out.


Dove clasp detailing


It's not very clear here but the interior lining is a purple, pink and white floral print. It's quite a practical bag, lots of seperate compartments and it's easy to find things inside.

I also bought lavender oils in TKMaxx, €5.99 for the box below. It comes with 24 diffuser reeds and three bottles, each one with a name; 'Love', 'Peace' and 'Happiness'. They smell lavendery as they should and last ages..although the diffusers don't carry the scent as well as they should, so I usually put a few drops on some pillows or the curtains or whatever.





And finally,  I bought two hair products. The one on the left, 'Groupie', is part of Tigi's Rockaholic brand. It's also from TKMaxx and was €6.99. This one is new to me. I thought it looked interesting and the colourful packaging got me. I love texturising sprays and anything that add mess and volume.
As the bottle says, 'a ménage á trois of rosemary, basil and spearmint meets all your needs for sexy separation or dirty texture.' I found it quite good, if my hair goes a bit lank I find a few squirts through dry hair and a blast of the hairdryer creates good results. It also smells amazing and really fresh and I find it doesn't fade at all. It would probably come in handy for dirty festival hair.

The product on the right, John Frieda's Luxurious Volume Thickening Blowdry Spray (€6.79 Boots) is the best hair product. Ever. I've been buying it for years and each bottle lasts about 3 or 4 months, as only a few squirts are needed through the roots. It creates volume so hairspray isn't always essential, eliminates frizz and takes weight out of hair no matter how long it is.




♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment